Thursday, November 20, 2008

Comments please

This meme was pointed in my direction by Lezzles of Peregrinations notoriety. Here's what I have to do ... I provide a list of the last ten commenters on this blog and then answer some questions about them. They should then do the same thing. So my last ten commenters were Leilani, Ms Mac, Absolute Vanilla, Laura, Fizzy, photogra-Fi, Croque-Camille, BSTS, Betty C and Laura Jayne

1. What is your favourite post from number 3’s blog? There are too many to count, AV's photo posts are always worth waiting for ... like this one, or this one OR this one, there's the chronicles of peeping Bo and of course there's always that dappy chicken - don't tell her I called her that.
2. Has number 10 taken any pictures that have moved you? Laura Jayne uses a lot of pictures and film clips on her site to prompt writing - prose and poetry. Some of them are truly moving.
3. Does number 6 reply to comments on their blog? Occaisionally and usually about lampshades or pizzas.
4. Which part of blogland is number 2 from? Bizarre, this will be the same answer that Lezzles used ... La Bella Stella lives in the Village of the Damned in deepest, cleanest Switzerland BUT she also loved living in Melbourne and originally is from Scotland - the word cosmopolitan was made for her!
5. If you could give one piece of advice to number 7 what would it be? Don't stop doing what you're doing because your food posts make me salivate, dribble and sometimes even drool ... and drool is good right?
6. Have you ever tried something from number 9’s blog? I have only just found Betty C's little culinary corner of the Aveyron and am slowly working my way back through her entries ... however like her I am a sucker for foie gras *listen can you hear that piece in the freezer calling my name "Jo, Jo, I'm here"* so it's only a matter of time until something like this happens.
7. Has number 1 blogged something that inspired you? Leilani does something far more than inspire me - she makes me think! For a teacher that's the most important thing of all. She also scared the shit out of me during "Ike" ... and yes I know that wasn't her fault - but hey you're allowed to worry you know ;o)
8. How often do you comment on number 4’s blog? I have never commented on Laura's blog - she stopped by here yesterday to admit a fondness for Michael Buble "hello Laura!" I shall be off to peruse *wink* under her sheets - stop it, it's the name of the blog people!! - later on.
9. Do you wait for number 8 to post excitedly? I don't wait for BSTS to post excitedly but I was very pleased when she started blogging again just recently after an extended Summer hiatus - welcome back you! I also covet her bright yellow adirondack chair.
10. How did number 5’s blog change your life? I could tell you about a cafe on a cold blowy station platform in Doncaster, about 4 cups of hot chocolate and unstoppable conversation, about a T-Rex called Lard and the sweet taste of revenge. But if I told you, I'd have to kill you ;o)
11. Do you know any of the 10 bloggers in person? Yep, I know Fizzy. And if I hadn't been so skint this summer, I'd have made it across France to meet La Bella Stella who would have made it across Switzerland - maybe next year if we don't have to pay out to repair the car just before our holiday.
12. Do any of your 10 bloggers know each other in person? I don't believe so but there's lots of linky, comment and Facebook love going on.
13. Out of the 10, which updates more frequently? Well at the moment photogra-fi and Betty C are NaBloPoMo-ing, so hopefully them.
14. Which of the 10 keep you laughing? Ms Mac, AV and Fizzy - for different reasons at different times. I laughed out loud at Leilani's just for fun Cuando en Espana.... post too. Honourable mentions would also have to go to Lisa (who I can't believe is not one of my last 10 commenters - there's texting for you!) and FatBoyFat - who both regularly crack me up!
15. Which of the 10 has made you cry (good or bad tears)?
Oh err ... that would be telling! I can't admit to being a wuss here!!

7 comments:

Lisa said...

I can't believe I wasn't one of your last 10 commenters either! Oh well, like you say, texting's played it's part in that recently. That's it, I ain't texting you no more (correct me now Teach, I dare ya haha).

Thank you so much for the honourable mention! I think that's far better than being one of your last 10 commenters (no offence to any of that illustrious bunch!)

RE said...

Ah....I'm in good company I see. I only know Fatboy's blog...which reminds me I must visit..

and Fizzy's too...

Anonymous said...

i don't even have ten commentors!
and silly me, i just posted a pic of birthday cake, didn't realize i posted that many food related pics until i read what you wrote.
bsts

fatboyfat said...

If it wasn't for you, Lisa and CG in the States, I'd have no commenters at all. *sniff* Damn you, Google Reader!

Oh hang on, there's Rebecca, too. And Dory and Tom. Oh, and the anonymous ones too. Plus the voices in my head.

Oh, hang on, they probably don't count.

Laura said...

oh I feel the blogging love...thank you le laquet for tagging my little blog and coming by. The first time I sent my brother the link to check out my blog he was very concerned because of the name. haha. I am so scandalous! I promise to check out your posts over and over.

Betty Carlson said...

This is a fun post -- like some of those memes, it looks like a lot of work, though!

You're right, just one more week to go. I'll have to say at the end (hey! My idea for my Nov. 30th post!) that it has been a mixed bag...

Betty Carlson said...

Thanks for the reference--this idea looks like a lot of fun, but a lot of work!

Yes, the end is near, the end is near...