Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Awe and wonder

Through the wonder that is "t'Internet linking and memes" - cheers Ms Mac - I have recently been reading Gandalady ... the blog of Lizzie who's in Uganda because her husband (a doctor) works for Medair is the country director of Medair's Uganda programme. Gandalady has started a business opportunity to help out some local ladies - the money goes back to the ladies like Eva and Irene ... please go and look at her website the Sweetshop - I've ordered, so I'm going to be getting me some lovely Christmas stars in the post very soon.

Christmas stars

7 comments:

RE said...

they are lovely. Reminds me of the work that the Indonesian women did aided by expats - in the marketing and distribution. Wonderful that she is doing the same for the women in the area.

Ms Mac said...

They're beautiful, aren't they. I'm looking forward to my niece being big enough to wear one of the Ugandan dresses!

Lisa said...

Beautiful stars, and sweet clothes they're making. I can see Jaimee in the full skirted floral dress. Too cute. I couldn't find the stars though, did I missing something?

Recovery Road London said...

Shiny Shiny!

Tooting bird said...

Hey thanks so much guys! Me and the ladies are feeling the love! Lisa the stars aren't on the website because we are being inundated with orders already. But if you want some, I can get them to you. Just drop me a line at robscoff at yahoo dot co dot uk

Tooting bird said...

Clarification: Rob isn't a doctor! Sorry. He is country director of Medair's Uganda programme, a manager basically.

RE said...

@ Gandalady

I'm a Dr. but unless you're a third world country, or a bank...I'm no use to you...So Rob probably has a better shot at claiming some medical expertise ;-)!!