Saturday, November 22, 2008

Essentially reading

I've been tagged by the delicious AV to complete a meme ... recommending 4 essential reads to you. The rules are as follows, I have to nominate ::

A fiction book
An autobiography
A non-fiction book; and finally
A fourth book of my choice from any genre.
Explain why the books are essential reads in no more than 30 words per book. Righty-o ...

A fiction book ~ Sushi for Beginners ~ I know that some of you out there will think "oh god chick lit!" BUT if Marian Keyes can write about cheating, marriage breakups and depression and still make me laugh out loud then it has to be a book worth reading. Edge of my seat kind of stuff ... and Jack makes me drool ;o)

Shit - that was 55 words ... I'm only allowed 30. Tell you what don't read the last 25!!

An autobiography ~ Life is a Menu ~ It's no secret that I love food and Michel Roux's autobiography breathes food. From his training in Paris to founding his restaurants in London, peppered with gorgeous recipes ... pure unadulterated bliss!

30 words - I managed it!

A non-fiction book ~ One Day For Life ~ is a photo book, images taken by people all over Britain on a single day ... August 14th 1987 AND my 18th birthday. The book raised money for a cancer charity. I adore it.

30 words, if you dont count the numbers! Actually that was DON'T COUNT THE NUMBERS!

A fourth book of my choice from any genre ~ Hotel Pastis ~ boutique hotels in the Luberon, French food, fat bank robbers on bicycles, wine, hot sunshine and sex. What more could you want in a book? Peter Mayle makes me laugh.
So, there you go and if you get to read as far as this ... consider yourself tagged!

3 comments:

RE said...

http://dinersjournal.blogs.nytimes.com/2008/05/14/chicago-overturns-foie-gras-ban/?hp

thought you'd enjoy that. The comments are hilarious

Unknown said...

Delicious am I? Are you sure you're thinking about me and not roast guinea fowl with gravy? Huh? Huh?

I've been in two minds about reading Hotel Pastis - I loved the Provence books (pretty much any armchair travel of that genre). And I'm all for a good laugh and Marian Keyes can be very funny.

I see you like me also can't count. I'm so relieved.

RE said...

ooer...am reading a FAB book now and will return with recommendations tout suite!!!