Tuesday, October 17, 2006

A fizzing meme

So, in the absence of anything of interest to write about Fizzy made up a meme. And then a crazie royal nominated me for the job ... how lucky am I? I will get revenge! Watch your backs* ladies :o)

1 piece of information about me that you really should never know.
Umm ... I don't know how much I want to embarrass myself as I know my mother and SIL read this. I think nothing of going commando ... how's that?

2 colours that I would never ever ever wear.
Grey or gray (depending on which side of the Atlantic you live!) and puce.

asparagus

3 things that I love to eat.
As usual I say the words "only 3 things?" How about 3 beginning with a and then 3 with b? Avocado, asparagus and anchovies. Bulgar wheat, brownies and blueberries. I'll stop now!

4 things that I would never ever serve to a guest at my dinner table.
Tripe, lychees, marzipan and kumquats. Neither together or apart.

5 things that I keep forgeting to buy from the supermarket.
Pledge soapy wash for wood (living room floor), bouquet garni (though I prefer Julian's), a dishwasher cleaner, bin bags for the pedal bin in the bathroom and new toothbrushes (though things are not desperate yet).

frosty-autumn-leaves

6 things about Autumn that I love.
Cold crisp mornings, driving home in the late evening misty sunshine, the smell of woodsmoke (more in France than here), puddles + wellies, shiny berries on trees and then of course there's the leaves!

7 things that I value about my family.
My husband's love and his long arms to get to the top corners of the kitchen cupboards, my father's sense of humour, my mother's support, my brother's protection (he doesn't say it often so I know that when he does he really means it!), my nephews' kisses and my nana's memories.

8 things that I like to watch on the TV.
Oh ... I like Spooks, Afterlife, Grey's Anatomy, the X factor, ANTM, House, a Question of Sport and the Antiques Roadshow.

9 things I loved about school.
Learning, friends, French, Mr Hughes and geography, swimming, holidays, handstands on the school field when I was 10 and playtime. Playtime being on my list is probably why I am a teacher ~ because kids should love being inside the school too!

10 of the little things that I love about life.
Travelling, music, dinner with friends, laughter, new shoes, blowing kisses, Friday takeaways, walks on the beach, sitting on the verandah at Laquet absorbing the view and teaching.

I have to say nice one Fizz-a-wallah ... not too taxing at all!

* I know this gives you a crick in the neck but so be it!

7 comments:

Fizzy said...

See that wasn't too hard was it!

So do you really really really need revenge? I think that if you do then just remember that it was CQ that nominated you ;)

MaR said...

I am wearing gray/grey today to the gym (!). Hey, now I know what puce looks like, never heard of the word but I have seen the color :)
have a great day

Unknown said...

Can anyone wear puce - isn't it the shade they just end up being at the mere prospect of wearing such a shade...

Ms Mac said...

I think tose are my favourite A foods as well!

Lisa said...

I want to hear about the Alaska geography thing and was expecting to for number 1 lol Surprisingly enough, I am not disappointed with the answer to number 1 anyway...but the thought's kinda scary lol

Am happy to be a guest at your table...especially if you aren't serving tripe. Yay!

craziequeen said...

Poor Laquet - no patience, my dear?

:-)

cq

Domestic Goddess said...

blowing kisses. what a nice trait!
I am here from Fizzy's place.