Monday, October 16, 2006

How do you know he loves you?

When you arrive on the doorstep and he opens the door and he says "hi, how was your day?" And you respond ...

Me ~ Do you remember how much you love me?

Simon ~ *long drawn out* Yes! *scared look on his face* Why? What have you done?

Me ~ I have headlice and we need to go upstairs to the bathroom and treat our hair with the lotion!

Simon ~ Me as well?

Me ~ Yes!

Simon ~ Ah, the joys of living with a nursery teacher!

bastard bloody headlice

We're now sitting here waiting for the lotion to cook ... it takes 2 hours and then we get to wash it off!?! Now I need to go and ring my mother-in-law* who I saw on Saturday and warn her :o) Aren't you glad you're not me!

* Balls! Just realised I better include sis-in-law and brother-in-law too!! And Kev ... boy I'll be popular!

5 comments:

Ms Mac said...

Gahhh! Nits! Stay away from me, my hair doesn't agree with those nit combs!

Lisa said...

Oh dear. The first time my kids came home with headlice from school, I didn't know what the hell to do! lol Anna was here at the time visiting...once we'd calmed down, we had a heated debate on who got to go to the pharmacy for the shampoo and who got to stay at home with the nit-infested heads lol

She won..afterall I AM the mother, and I HAD to stay with them. god, those things make me shudder. I was always terrified I'd get them myself and never get them out of my hair...thought I might have to shave my head! lol

The positive thing was, the kids were only 5 and 6 at the time and they were BOYS. Anna and I sat them outside on a windy day and shaved those suckers right off! lol

Hope you're both lice-free now hun xx

(making me wanna scratch right now lol)

Le laquet said...

La Stella Bella ~ broken 2 combs today on mine!

Lisa ~ no, just pulled another sucker out BUT at least it was dead!! The combing saga continues :o)

Bennu said...

Yeah, just the mention of it makes me itch all over.

I had a year where someone in the class had them all year, because Mum would not take care of her. So we went for head checks every 4 weeks. Thank Goodness I never had them, but a few kids did, each time, and different kids too... those were 10 year olds.

Fizzy said...

oooo don;t forget you spoke ot me tooo, is it possible that they crawled down the phone lines too?

We have had them in the class once already this year - luckily I was spared!!!

oh and btw CQ nominated you ;)