Friday, October 06, 2006

A list of things I really needed to get done this week! Please excuse me, this is a bit of a moan.

Good grief it's been busy. Unlike my MIL who thought (and said out loud btw) "oh nursery? It'll be so nice to have a less busy job out of education for a while." I knew nursery was going to be tough. I knew some things (the marking obviously) would be lighter but there would be a much heavier workload in other areas (wiping noses, keeping those little butterfly minds in one place, painting, sand and water.)

But I had no idea how much bloody paperwork there'd be! How much planning, because of course other people have to be able to follow it and see where it's going. And how much record keeping and assessment. And of course in my management role ~ pshaw! ~ there's even more bloody paperwork.

So here's my list of all those things I really should have got done by today ~ bleugh! I think I'll go back to bed

1. Additional Educaltional Needs audit and IEPs
2. Target setting for nursery kids (please they're 3 & 1/2!)
3. 2 reports for different doctors about children in class, whom we're applying for extra funding for ... Cheryl will tell you how long it'll be before we actually get it!
4. Planning for next week
5. IT section of the School Development plan
6. IT extra funding bid ... hope this comes through.
7. Staff email list updated
8. Data tracking folders for all staff members updated (for reading, writing & maths)
9. Data entry calendar sent out ... to warn all staff about the dates for the whole year.
10. Data to check for the deputy head.

And then there's the life I am supposed to have ... and a husband to see ~ right!

2 comments:

Bennu said...

And then, other people in your life, just like your mil, think it is such an easy job.

Teaching 5 year olds is the hardest work I have ever done, but I love it.

Fizzy said...

I think that the littler they are the harder it is. You have the hardest job of all!