Thursday, October 19, 2006

Thursday Thirteen!

I was so excited this week when I found Mr Powell et al, all living together in Llantwit Major that I posted a snippet of the 1841 census, showing my g-g-g grandfather and at the bottom of the family aged only 6 months *collective aww* my g-g grandmother Ciscel.

Cheryl was heard to comment "Five kids?!"

That's nothing
Cheryl for this weeks Thursday Thirteen, I present my gran Gwyneth and her 12 siblings!

Ciscel, a girl, born 1880

Mary, born 1882
Catherine (Kitty), born 1884
George, born 1886
Margaret (Maggie), born 1889
Sarah, born 1891

Ivor, born 1895
William H, born 1895
Ewart, born 1896
Devro, a boy, born 1898
Mathew (Bow), born 1900
David (Dai), born 1902
Gwyneth, born 1904

Can you imagine the washing? Can you imagine the cooking? Can you imagine the last one in the bath water on a Sunday night?

Somewhere in the past I remember the Thegn of Sussex commenting that his wife had Gibbon in her family tree, in South Wales somewhere! Beware Cheryl ... this lot's mum was a Gibbon!

1 comment:

MaR said...

With so many children and work around the house I wonder how the g-g-g's ever found time for an intimate moment...
:)