Saturday, October 28, 2006

A moving weekend ....

So, on Friday I went to Brighton to move the new age travellers* to Seaford. On Friday I packed and packed and drove to Seaford and unpacked and unpacked TWICE! We were all fed up ... so, on Friday night, in the spirit of entente cordiale they made friends with someone they hadn't spoken to in ages; we ate Mum's stuffed vine leaves and Tesco's garlic and lemon olives and I got completely and utterly WASTED! Fab! I haven't felt like that for aeons. I slept like a baby ... well one who wakes at 3.20 desperate to pee and then can't go back to sleep beacuse she's too warm and reads until 5.40! But you knew what I meant!

So, today was going to be the easy day. We'd packed. We'd moved and unpacked small boxes. And at 12 o'clock Allan and his van were coming for the big stuff. Wrong! What do you do if the van driver justs fails to show on moving day? You hire someone for tomorrow, quarrek with your OH and give in to the call of the red wine monster .... and that was just me and I'm not moving :o)

I had to drive home tonight ~ bleugh, busy roads. Good luck for tomorrow my lovelies!

* I type this in the full knowledge after a weekend spent with them both that at some point they have both read the blog ... Mrs Longthong!

3 comments:

Lisa said...

Aww pooh! You got all that packing and unpacking etc done and Allan didn't turn up with his van??

Hope you left behind strict instructions for them to maim him lightly next time they see him lol

Glad you got home safely amongst that busy traffic...it's a wonder you felt like going anywhere with the amount of wine you imply was ingested lol

Have a great week :)

Anonymous said...

I am glad that you all got moved, eventually that is.

I think that the two "lurkers" should identify themselves and make a comment about what seeing you "wasted" was like!

rashbre said...

Stuffed vine leaves (dolmades?) - excellent!

I was in Brighton a couple of weeks ago moving things around for someone. It seemed to involve having 'the stuff' and the transport in different places most of the time.

Thanks for dropping by.