Sunday, October 15, 2006

Weekend


Yesterday was a truly delightful day, I walked on the beach in Seaford and had a fantastic meal (rice with chicken and a spicy soup followed by Layali Libnan ~ Lebanese Nights) cooked by Ahmed's mum. Just so nice to spend time with people you love :o) There appear to have been tonnes and tonnes of stones dumped on the beach, ready to be washed away in the storms to come this winter. In more exciting news, Kev is moving to Seaford the weekend at the end of half term ... and as usual, he does lead that kind of existence*, I will be going down to help him move, again! I'm certainly looking forward to spending more time on that beach.

Ahmed and his mum are on their way up north now, to see his sisters and nephews ... I, on the other hand, am looking forward to leftovers from last night's dinner today!!

* Only kidding, actually ~ he's going to kill me for that one!

2 comments:

rashbre said...

The Lebanese food sound delicious and we're also still enjoying the suspiciously great weather at the moment.

I've been reading back through your posts as well by way of a good catchup. My minor exception is the Chris Rea comment, because he's a guitarist I enjoy, although was quite ill for a long time hence some aspects of more recent demeanour. But anyway.

And to other enjoyable Lebanese food - stuffed vine leaves (yum) - tabouleh (yum yum) and shawarma with spices (yum yum yum) !

rashbre

Cheryl said...

Graaa! What were you doing here in Walmington On Sea?
Should I promise to stay indoors?

:-)