Thursday, October 12, 2006

Homeopathy


I try as much as possible not to go to the doctor. Mine is far too fond of doling out anti-biotics* and blaming everything on my weight ... from eczema to a stiff left shoulder. So ... and yes I know there are now people out there screaming "well it probably is your weight" ... I try to avoid the doctor as much as possible. And instead I visit a homeopath called Morag.

It's not only the lack of anti-biotics that draw me to her, it's the way that homeopathy works. She really listens to what I actually say. She's not focused on getting me out of there quickly so that she can move on to the next patient. She listens to my symptoms and ties them together to treat them. She brings my emotions an feelings into the equation. She treats the whole me.


Anyway after a visit yesterday I came away with very red eyes (a good cry is always cathartic**), 7 little paper bags of tablets and a lighter step. I'd had a good chat about what ails me, let go of some tears that have been building under the new pressure of work over the last term and really talked. I slept really well last night & I feel relieved this morning. My husband labels all of this as hocus-pocus. Watch out Simon! I'm going to let her treat him if he's not careful ... "bring up the sulphur enema for my man please, Morag!"

*And finding a new doctor or a dentist in the South East of England is like finding a needle in a haystack.
** I mean in an emotionally purging way and not in the same way as a strong laxative would be cathartic :o) Otherwise that makes me sound very strange indeed and whilst I admit to a little odd ... I'm not willing to go any further.

5 comments:

Fizzy said...

Hocus Pocus my Foot!
I have never been to a homeopath but I know of many who do and they all swear by it. If it doesn't work why are some of the practicies older than our "modern" medicine?

I am glad you have found something that works I agree with you on the doctor vs weight issue!!!

Lisa said...

I have a lot of homeopathic remedies in my cupboards. It was my greatest discovery when the boys were little I reckon lol Being able to give them something that would help with whatever was ailing them at the time...and know that it wasn't harmful was brilliant.

Oh and being an ex-softballer, I would swear my arnic cream for those bruises any day!

That Hugh Jackman sure is cute eh? *drool*. And bravo on the poker win :)

Willing to collect you from the airport anytime you wanna touch down over here...ANY airport lol

MaR said...

Treated my son with homeophatic pills for his allergies for years. The young doc was always very helpful too.

Unknown said...

Went to a homeopath for years until he went all menopausal - now use Traditional Chinese Medicine and Acupuncture - what an amazingly wise and insightful form of healing! And no, the needles do not hurt!

Recovery Road London said...

Nice cartoon. I dated an acupuncturist once. Lol. Seriously. Not kidding.