Wednesday, November 16, 2005

I'm off on a jolly!

The headteacher called me to one side yesterday to ask if I would do something for her;

HT ~ Jo, how would you feel about going to Doncaster?

Me ~ Doncaster? *madly thinking where the hell is Doncaster* Why?

HT ~ There's a wonderful school there that I want you to go and see!

Me ~ *shit, she wants me to go and see another school, she thinks I'm crap, she's sending me 211 miles to see a school, she must think I'm really, really bad ... how has she seen through my disguise? ... she only just got here, oh god, I'm finished!* Why do you want me to go to Doncaster?

HT ~ I know you won't panic about going up there and you'll come back with some really good ideas to share with the rest of the team, ideas about how we can change.

Me ~ oh, *phew* ok! Yes, sure, I can do that!

So, fellow bloggers ... I'm off on a jolly. I am travelling to Doncaster on Thursday, staying in a hotel and coming back on Friday after seeing this super school! Now, what I want to know is Fizzy and Magpie ... will I be close enough to wave?

7 comments:

Bennu said...

I would like to know what great ideas you get as well. Enjoy your trip, they are the nicest ones when you get to stay overnight.

Fizzy said...

Jo you are really really close

Lisa said...

Really REALLY close?? Wow...sounds like you could be close enough to have a cuppa!

Interesting isn't it, that we should automatically think the worst in such a situation lol

You're just so fabulous, and she recognised that IMMEIDATELY! Just like the rest of us. :)

Le laquet said...

Bennu ~ I shall let you know!

Fizzy ~ how close is really close? Close enough for a cuppa? You're not supplying in Doncaster on Friday are you?

Lisa ~ oh Lisa *blushes* you're lovely!

Walker said...

ROAD TRIP !!!!
Does this make you some what of a school scout. Checking out the other team and getting ideas.
Now don't get them into a poker game and take the school from right under them LOL
Bonus maybe gey to see Sister Fizzy.

Le laquet said...

Walker ~ I have my road trip kit (good book, iPod, sweets) ready. A trip to see Fizzy would be awesome ... I don't see how we could fit it in.

Could we Fizzy?

Fizzy said...

I am working on it keep checking your e-mail :)