Saturday, November 19, 2005

Thursday ... blogged!

As you'll know if you read below ... no I meant down there about 3 posts ago ... on Thursday I went to Doncaster and in my "ever hopeful way" I mentioned to the blogosphere and a couple of specific people that I would be there!! Well I can now happily report that I spent a fab "2 hot chocolates, can't shut us up" evening with Fizzy in the Pumpkin Cafe at Doncaster station.

Surroundings ... warm and cosy, but I really don't think it would have mattered. I felt like I've known her for years! AND I have to hold my hand up in a "guilty as charged way" about her voice because we "jawed and jawed and jawed" (so if it wasn't fast disappearing before hand it had by the time she caught her train back to Leeds) and I had a fantastic time and then I smiled and chuckled all the way back to the hotel because I know that I had made a really good friend ... so thankyou Fizzy and thankyou Blogger!! "It were brill!" And I can happily report that we will be getting together again as Simon and I will be calling in on our way up to Northumberland to see my BIL.
p.s. I got a present ... look out for them this week in posts.
p.p.s Went to an incredible school on Friday ... I need to share some of the pictures (see below) as I was totally blown away ... I want to work at this school!!
Embroidery African art Painting Cross phase display
click on a thumbnail for a larger image

p.p.p.s. Lisa, that's ok ... I knew it was the jealousy talking! Or should I say "Ne, ne, ne, ne ne!!"
p.p.p. bugger it, you know what I mean ~ did I mention we laughed and laughed and then laughed more!

4 comments:

Fizzy said...

That was me...hehehehehe
I am glad you got back ok.
The cafe was warm, the hot chocolate yummy but the company and the "jawing" was the best.
Had a fab time- roll on the Northumberland trip.

The school photos look WOW can't wait to hear about it

Sorry Lisa that you were so jealous but you are having your own reunion soon

have a good day

Le laquet said...

Fizzy ~ Me too :o)

Ms Mac said...

Awww, you met Fizzy! You two are lucky gals!

Le laquet said...

Stella ~ we had such a lovely time!