Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Yesterday ...

... nothing really happened big enough to blog. Well, what I meant to say was nothing really big enough to blog about happenned. My grammar obviously didn't improve at anytime during the day, or my spelling for that matter. *Note to self make up mnemonic to remember how to spell happenned, or download that free Blogger for Word add-on!!* So here's my itty-bitty-chunky Tuesday

~~~~~
Went to the hospital for overdue (12th September) blood tests. You have to get a "cheese" ticket to have your blood tested in Medway ... you know the kind I mean ... like you get @ the deli counter so you get served in the right order. I had to have a fasting lipids test so hadn't eaten/drunk for 14 hours *starving* and arrived @ 9am, collected ticket number 68, with 37 people in front of me! The child in the far corner of the room who was eating a curly wurly still does not know how lucky he is/was!!

On entering the room for my blood test I felt like Grace in the Hospital Show ~ the woman taking blood looked to be about 12!! Oh my god! They trust her with needles? And why do they need 5 bottles? And why am I such a slow bleeder? And can't somebody get them to ask more interesting questions to take your mind off it when they change the bottles?
~~~~~
Off to the doctor's then ... good news is the blood pressure is down a little bit. She was surprised it wasn't down more after 2 months on diuretics. She said "have you had a stressful morning?" I didn't think I should get into it!!
~~~~~
Then I zoomed up the motorway (good job she wasn't taking my blood pressure after that!) and into school ... children were gratifyingly happy to see me. Told me how they had been so quiet that Mrs Wooding (it's alright to name her ~ she reads this) said "I've not been into such a quiet class for a long time! You should all have sticker for being well-mannered and beautifully behaved!" You can so tell that my little "darling" is off with chicken pox!
~~~~~
And then came dinner time ~ lunch-hall duty in the juniors ... oh joy! 3 fights later! 3 ... 3 lots of different children fighting ~ the injury list read ... 1 swollen nose, 1 soon to be black eye, 1 set of bruised knuckles, a thick lip, 1 set of bruised "privates" (I didn't offer any first aid!) and a ripped sweatshirt! For crying out loud ... *speaking directly to the KS2 boys at the school* Lads, cut the f#ck out of it!! I've had enough of writing reflection (lunchtime detention) forms and doing pissy little first aid jobs! Be bloody nice for once in your life! Roll on tomorrow when I get to do the whole joyous thing again!!
~~~~~
Drove home along the A2/M2 combo ... am I the only person worried that the Medway bridge has signs that say "Bridge damaged Speed limit reduced because of damaged bridge!" Where's the sign that says "Don't panic Jo, it's not so damaged that it'll collapse as you drive over it!" And what the hell damaged it anyway?
~~~~~
Why is Tesco full of idiots at 6.30 every night? Is it advertised somewhere ... Idiot? Come along to Tescos @ 6.30 tonight ... make lots of new friends!! Oh, right, of course ~ I'm there at 6.30 too ~ yes well, they'd be astute, intelligent, creative individuals then!
~~~~~
And finally home in time for delicious shepherd's pie; lovingly made by my fabulous husband ... who passed the driving test of his interview for the PO on Monday ~ HURRAH ~ but now has to have an eye test. For crying out loud ... this will be the fifth interview/test he's done ... he's only going to be a postman!! Anyway, I now have cramp from sitting with arms/legs/tongue crossed for the last 4 weeks ... it's not fair to him at all! So now it's very nearly Thursday ... my itty-bitty chunky Tuesday post took all day to write ... possibly not so itty-bitty?

2 comments:

Fizzy said...

Morning, poor you with the dinner fights. I have a whole class of "Little darlings"today... well it feels like that it is actually about 5 "little darlings"...

I would be worrieda bout the bridge too.
Am going to come back and read more tonight... I am supposed to be on a bus ..oops better go

Ms Mac said...

3 fights? We were lucky to have one fiht in year when i was at school. Kids today.....