Thursday, November 24, 2005

Métro-boulot-dodo


... the daily grind, wake up, go to work, come home, eat, go back to bed! It's only NOvember and already I see a pattern forming. I hate the winter and it's not really started (November on my children's calendar officially being autumn) I know the winter clothes / cold weather and my "let's kick the shit out my teacher and classmates" child from hell* aren't helping! And I suppose actually at the moment he is the real reason for my "bleugh" feeling and this post.


Yesterday, a large percentage of the senior management team (3 adults all earning upwards of £40,000** a year) spent the afternoon pacifying my little piglet. 3 adults for one little boy, 1 afternoons worth of that £120,000 (I'm far enough along the autisitic spectrum to know that's about £500) ... what an incredible waste of resource. Why didn't they just call his mother in to collect him? After all he was kicking shit out of everything / everybody in sight!


All day long he was foul to everyone, he swore, screamed, kicked, punch, spat and generally wrecked my room; and trust me by 1.20 I really had had enough! By the time I eventually got home (after an hour and a half of governing body chit chat) ~ 7.45 ... I just slumped on the sofa, allowed brandy and coke to be poured down my neck and shovelled food into my mouth! So thanks ladies, for taking him for the afternoon (we all really needed the break) but answer me this ... why do we have to accept this child into our classroom?

And the joy of it is ... in an hour I get to drive back up the motorway and start all over again!!

* Yes, I know I am talking about someone's "little darling, precious poppet" BUT I have 25 other poppets to take into consideration.
** Just for Lisa, because I know this makes her chuckle ~ €58,332 or US$68,912 or CAD$80,804 or NZD$99,208 or even AUD$93,296

4 comments:

Fizzy said...

oooooooo I lost my comment!
Morning:)
I feel sorry for you having to cope with this child like this. You would think that if these 3 people are paid that amount of money, they would be " far enough along the autisitic spectrum to know" that this can not go on. I suggest you call them out more often... they will soon get sick of it then, and do something about it.

This may be November but, it is Winter. Imagine what it will be like in January and February!!

Ooo I sound like a ray of sunshine this morning lol.

Look after yourself.

Le laquet said...

Thanks *smiles* but today will be a better day because 1) I get PPA time this afternoon and 2) It's Thursday which means it'll be the weekend soon ~ yay!!

Bennu said...

oh my thoughts are with you. We all have that *little darling* in our classroom. Mine moved away... for a day, and then was back... long story, but mummy is "working the system" to keep him there when he doesn't live in the attendance area.

25 others? oh my, I thought 22 was enough for me.

Yes keep calling them out and document everything. Perhaps a change will occur. have a great day, or at least, I hope you had one. We are out all week for US holiday.

Lisa said...

OMG...how often does he do that?? Do you have special needs teachers (aides) that help out in the classroom with him from time to time?

I have to take my hat off to you Jo. I've barely enough patience at times for my own two playing up, let alone someone else's child playing up THAT badly.

Thanks for mentioning my name in the same para as "little darling, precious poppet" lol