Wednesday, November 02, 2005

A simple little A to Z, nope wait, there's no Z ... an A to Y meme!!

I was meme'd by Fizzy ~ I should learn to duck, (lol, purely accidental that one!) I can never avoid snowballs either ... thankfully it makes no difference here in winter as it usually only rains! Anyway, here goes ~ the A to Y meme ...

A ~ Age of your first kiss :: like a "boy" kiss? 14 - Adam Thompson, we were practising!! He had fabulous blue eyes.
B ~ Band you are listening to right now :: The Knack - Hey Sherona
C ~ Crush :: Pineapple and papaya, slightly more pineapple. Delicious - oh and currently Patrick Dempsey! Thanks Fi!
D ~ Dad's name :: Donald, like the duck ... generally shortened to Don or lengthened (by me) to Donaldo.
E ~ Easiest person to talk to :: this lot, in no particular order, we can jaw for hours!!

Simone Su Kev Ruth Jo
F ~ Favourite ice-cream flavour :: good quality chocolate ice-cream; not the stuff you buy/keep for the kids! And really sharp lemon sorbet - lemony & sharp enough to give you goose pimples. And I love affogado - good vanilla ice-cream swimming in a shot of really strong, steaming-hot espresso
G ~ Gummy worms or gummy bears :: no, neither, I don't like the whole wine gum thing ... give me a sour cola bottle instead - it's the goose pimples!
H ~ Hometown :: now Gillingham in Kent, previously Swansea.
I ~ Instruments :: A million years ago I tortured my parents and brother with my violin playing ... sorry M and D; not sorry Andrew ~ older sisters are there purely and simply to torture you!
J ~ Junior high :: like when I was 11/12/13/14? Is that junior high? Then it's Ysgol Gyfun Penyrheol, Gorseinon - £5 to anyone who can pronounce that ... other than Maria!! Or any other Welsh lurkers :o)
K ~ Kids :: 26 every day Monday through Friday; aged from 5 to 7. None personally at home ~ yet!
L ~ longest car ride :: Every time I visit my parents (or come back) we do about 10/11 hours or so as they live right down there in the south west of France. I travelled all around southern Africa in a Mitsubishi cattle lorry, but you didn't ask about the longest lorry ride did you?
M ~ Mom's name :: Lavinia, well actually Lavina ... she has just found out that it is incorrectly spelt on her birth certificate and so ALL of her French paperwork says Lavina. But everyone calls her Vin, 'cept I call her la vinaigre or Mammy (never Mummy ~ southern / posh English) 'cos I'm Welsh see!!
N ~ Nicknames :: Tuppence, Gladys (both by my father!), Melons (by Mario Romanello when I was in the 6th form in school ... I'll let you work that one out yourself!)
O ~ One wish :: World peace ... I could be Miss Congeniality!
P ~ Phobia :: spiders *runs away screaming*
Q ~ Quote :: "These are my principles, if you don't like them I have others!" ~ Groucho Marx or Lady Astor to Winston Churchill "Sir, if you were my husband I'd poison your drink." Winston in reply "Madam, if you were my wife I'd drink it!"
R ~ Reasons to smile :: sex, good food, friends and the things children say.
S ~ Scent :: Vanilla or Estee Lauder's Sunflowers.
T ~ Time you woke up today :: 5.32am ... desperatly needing to wee! What? Too much information? But it's a meme - you get to know EVERYTHING!
U ~ Unknown fact about me :: I have double jointed thumbs.
V ~ Values :: I value love, honesty, friendship and my freedom.
W ~ Worst luck with :: Cards; sheesh, poker ~ a measly 80p win tonight ... I'm not giving up the day job to go and wipe the floor with them in Las Vegas!!
X ~ X-rays I've had :: Ankle, wrist & spine.
Y ~ Years since I've been to church :: I go every term with the kids ... we have a groovy priest, he splashes the kids with the water from the font and has a stuffed pig called "pig"!

10 comments:

Fizzy said...

Morning... brill meme, I love Lemon icecream, not sure if I have had lemone sorbet ... but I am finding that recently I like all things lemon rather than the sweet and gooey stuff.

oooo and I can't pronounce it but does "Ysgol" mean school?

Have a good day.

(ooo double jointed thumbs ... makes me squirm..)

Lisa said...

I just called Fizzy a name lol (sorry Fizz) I thought I was first to post, read, clicked on comment and she was already there, pah! lol

hahaha, am so with you about the icecream you keep for the children. A pig called Pig? how cool.

I love the way you put the pictures up of your yakking mates...very cool to see them!

Have a great day!

Katya Coldheart said...

fab answers, i've just posted mine too...

hmmmm lemon ice cream, not too sure about that...might have to conduct a scientific experiment with all the lemon flavours i can find...lol

:0)

Le laquet said...

Fizzy - yes ysgol = school. Pronounced uss-gol. And lemon sorbet / ice-cream .... yummy! p.s. fab news about the supply agency asking for you!

Lisa - you did, what did you call her? And I knew I wouldn't be the only one who kept vcertain ice-cream for the kids!

Magpie - off to read yours, do try the Tesco Finest Lemon sorbet if you get a chance v delicious!

Fizzy said...

OK What did you call me???? Go on fess up Lisa. lol


When we went on hols to Wales three years ago my son was really taken with the welsh language so we bought him a cheap dictionary ... when we came home he read it every night before sleep. Well he never got past 'C'.

Sandy said...

Hi Michele sent me.

I too studied violin. Those early years are akin to a cat being strangled, huh?

Le laquet said...

Fizzy ~ never got past c .... lololol! Bless him!

Sandy ~ yes, dead cats all over :: thanks for stopping by.

Walker said...

Blogger hates me. I know I commented yesterday :(
Now what did I say, ummmm Have you ever tried realfruit gummies now tey are Great. I got to bring 5 kilos to NZ with me :)
Haagen das chocolate ice cream Icecream :D
Iknew chochy would get in here LOL

Deb @ Sugarfused said...

Heyyyyyyy! I have double jointed thumbs, too!! I can bend them down to my wrist. Can you do that???? lol

Anonymous said...

You're most welcome :)

I'm with you on the chocolate thing. Movenpick does a fantastic one; properly chocolately, with little flakes of chocolate all the way through it...mmmmm.

And please tell us non-Welsh how to pronounce the name of your "junior high"! When I try to say it my eyes screw up like I'm sucking a lemon.