Sunday, November 13, 2005

An update to "Wahey, it's Saturday!"

My visit to "spend quality time with my best friend in Brighton" was fab ... good food, good company ... it (Brighton that is) even went as far as to provide good weather! I have loads of wonderful photos to show you ... well, I would have loads of wornderful photos if I had remembered to take the camera with me!!

I arrived at Kev's and was told to be very quiet as Ahmed was asleep ... Me & quiet? Not a match made in heaven, unless there's an alternative heaven where everything is noisy and lots of fun! Ahmed works in a hotel as a night bar-man (to fund his MBA) and had kicked the last wedding guests off to bed at 6am ... so, I crept into the kitchen!! Kev had shopped and then cooked "with bells on." Meze ... I love being able to graze; we had houmous (home-made), pita, home "flavoured" olives and peppers, salad and piquant red peppers stuffed with feta and herbs! WOW! And we talked and ate; ate and talked! Fab! And then we had our main course ... mushrooms stuffed with red pesto and mozzerella, rosti and roasted vegetables with a balsmic and tomato reduction. Damn me and my inability to take a camera with me when I go out. Actually damn me and my inability to invent a taste-a-meter then you all could share!!

Since Ahmed was still asleep, Kev and I visited the Devil's Dyke a deux ... damn me and my NO, I'm not doing that again .... look at these pictures instead. They have their own site here - you need to register BUT it's worth it!! You can even see Winnie the Pooh's wood from there!! A quick detour past Tesco's (for vanilla crowns for Ahmed) and Kev and I were back home for 4 o'clock. Time for tea ~ Ahmed woke for baked bananas with chocolate sauce ~ strange that :o) don't you think!!!

The fab news is that Kev has been given his "new area" (new job) AND ... he's going to be working here, near me ALL of the time! So I will get to see more of two of my favourite men ... let's hope one of them will remember to remind me to carry my camera more often!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a great day.

I love Brighton, even when there's a howling gale blowing off the North Sea (or is it the Atlantic...) - had many a dirty weekend there :)

Fizzy said...

Sounds like you had a brill time. Stufed mushrooms ....0ne of my fave veg's.That is brill news that they are moving nearer to you.

Le laquet said...

Fi ~ it was fantastic, it's the Bristol Channel ... beginnings of the North Sea / end of the Atlantic. Dirty weekends ... ;o) I think Brighton is the best place for them - ROTFL!

Fizzy ~ mushrooms were incredible. Kev is working as an "accomodation assessor" aka hotel inspector ... he'll be checking out hotels/guest houses here!

Anonymous said...

Hey..laquet...things are fine.. aren't they.. North sea breeze ..hmmm..stuffed mushrooms ...cool..friend...enjoy

Kim said...

Those pictures are amazing!!!! Were any of those pics of you? I didn't see anything that resembled a giraffe...... ;-)

Le laquet said...

Sarah ~ it was fantastic, now if I could just persuade him/them to play backgammon!!

Indigo ~ it's the camoflage ... I blend right in!

Cheryl said...

I love Brighton too.
I remember so many childhood coach trips there and the funny thing is, after nearly a decade only a bus ride away, its still as nice to visit (although that could be because, after I grew up, I discovered shops.)

Glad you had a nice time!

Le laquet said...

Cheryl ~ and the shops in Brighton are gorgeous, I love the lanes, I love the "camp as a row of pink tents" feel it all has and I love the beach! I might move!!