Wednesday, November 23, 2005

The things kids say #6

We have just started the Christmas story in RE ... I know it's quite early but we finish school on the 16th of December (hurrah!) and I like to do it in bits ... you know building up the "excitement" ... for the parents to deal with!!

So, I started with Gabriel's visit, told them about the special baby, marriage to Joseph and going to Bethlehem for the census / taxation. Simple ... eh? Think again!

Me ~ *checking to see if she had met her learning intenetion* So why did Mary and Joseph go to Bethlehem?
B ~ To be counted, but I don't think I would have travelled that far if I was pregnant!

Me ~ So how did Mary know she was going to have a "special" baby?
D ~ 'cause it's in the bible isn't it! He was gonna be famous that Jesus!

J ~ Why did they have to go all the way to Bethlehem to be counted? There were only two of them! Look *pokes picture in bible* one, two! *rolls eyes at me* Those Romans weren't good at counting where they?

K ~ So Mary was pregnant and she wasn't married?
Me ~ That's right!
K ~ Neither was my aunty Susan and my nana called her a slapper!
Me ~ *gulp*

For your information ... I am not going to apply for the RE co-ordinator's job!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love it... those are hilarious. Of course I can't even teach the true meaning of Christmas... separation of church and state, that was great!!

Bennu

Fizzy said...

LOL, I have got that lovely task to do too (only yr3). I was given a video to show(not my choice or my planning) and it started with the crucifixtion, and doubting Thomas had a Welsh accent I nearlly peed myself laughing at it...inwardly of course. the kids were just confused.

Doris said...

Ha-ha! You were 'lucky' to get such quotes in one class. I wonder if you managed to keep a straight face?

The slapper comment is classic.

Anonymous said...

Hehee!

Who says having a baby out of wedlock's shameful? I mean, Mary did it first, and she's an icon, right?